- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
North Bay Shore Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead
A 59-year-old pedestrian was fatally struck by a car in North Bay Shore on Monday morning.
Suffolk County police said the victim was crossing Fifth Avenue when he was struck by a northbound Honda Civic shortly after 6 a.m.
The victim and the driver, 21-year-old Marlon Ordonez of Brentwood, were taken to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore, where the victim was pronounced dead shortly later and the driver was treated for minor injuries.
The victim’s identity was not immediately released.
Third Squad detectives impounded the car, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information to call them at 631-854-8352.