- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Medford Woman Killed in Farmingville Crash
A 40-year-old Medford woman was killed a in three-vehicle chain-reaction crash in Farmingville on Saturday morning.
Suffolk County police said Franklyn Martinez was driving a Toyota northbound on Old Medford Avenue when he struck at the corner of Horseblock Road an eastbound Dodge Ram pickup truck driven by Joseph Pedro, whose truck then hit a westbound Chevrolet driven by Jennifer Colon at 6:38 a.m.
Colon was pronounced dead at the scene. Pedro, 16, of Farmingville, and 23-year-old Martinez of Central Islip, were taken to Stony Brook University Hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Sixth Squad detectives impounded the vehicles, are continuing the investigation and ask any witnesses to call them at 631-854-8652.