- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Suffolk Robber Hit 4 Banks in 3 Months
Suffolk County police are asking for the public’s help in finding a suspect wanted for robbing four banks, three of them at gunpoint, in the past three months, including one this weekend.
In the latest case, the robber walked into the TD Bank on Portion Road in Lake Ronkonkoma, flashed a handgun and demanded money from a teller at 1:13 p.m. Sunday, police said.
The same man allegedly robbed the New York Commercial Bank on Grand Boulevard in Deer Park on Sept. 5 and Oct. 11. He also allegedly robbed the TD Bank on Deer Park Avenue in North Babylon on Oct. 27.
Police said he flashed a gun in all but the Oct. 11 case. He fled each scene with cash after the tellers complied.
The suspect is described as in his mid 30s to late 40s, 5-feet, 7-inches to 5-feet, 10-inches tall with a thin build and light complexion.
Police released a surveillance camera image of the suspect in the hopes that someone will recognize the suspect and turn him in.
Pattern Crime Unit detectives ask anyone with information on these cases to call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.