- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Shirley Teen Charged With Hit-and-run
A teenager from Shirley has been arrested for allegedly driving into a 17-year-old pedestrian in Mastic Beach and fleeing the scene this week, Suffolk County police said.
Jordan Magee, 19, was driving a Chevy southbound on Mastic Road at Washington Avenue when his vehicle struck the victim who was walking southbound on the other side of the road at 9:47 p.m. Wednesday, police said.
Magee fled the scene but officers quickly found his vehicle, unoccupied, a short distance away.
The pedestrian, who also lives in Shirley, was taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue, where he was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Magee was charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
He will be arraigned Friday at First District Court in Central Islip.