- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
West Babylon Man Charged With Wrong Way DWI
A West Babylon man has been arrested for allegedly driving drunk the wrong way for more than a mile on Sunrise Highway early Sunday morning, Suffolk County police said.
A Highway Patrol officer spotted a gray Pontiac G6 heading eastbound on the westbound lanes near Connetquot Avenue in Islip Terrace and stopped its driver, Charles Falco, near Oakdale-Bohemia Road in Oakdale at 12:15 a.m., police said.
The 50-year-old was charged with driving while intoxicated, reckless endangerment, criminal possession of a controlled substance, driving the wrong way and failure to comply.
Falco will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Central Islip.