- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Roosevelt Shooting Leaves Man Wounded
A man was shot and wounded in Roosevelt on Tuesday evening and the shooter remains at large, Nassau County police said.
The 20-year-old victim was shot in the abdomen by a gunman at the corner of Charles Street and Debevoise Avenue at 7:24 p.m., police said.
A black vehicle with dark tinted windows was seen fleeing the scene eastbound on Debevoise Avenue toward Nassau Road.
The victim was taken to a local hospital, where he was admitted for treatment and is listed in stable condition.
Police neither made any arrests nor released a description of the suspect.
First Squad detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.