- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Burglar Hit 6 Homes in 4 Weeks, Cops Say
An upstate New York man has been accused of burglarizing jewelry from a half dozen North Shore Long Island homes in a recent four-week span, twice hitting two houses in one day.
Nassau County police arrested Spencer Williams on Monday and charged him with six counts of burglary.
Police said the 51-year-old Clifton Park man first broke into two Great Neck homes Nov. 24, burglarized a Thomaston on Dec. 12, another Great Neck home on Dec. 20 and hit a fourth house in Great Neck on Dec. 21, the same day he also broke into a Sands Point home.
Third Squad detectives investigating the case were led to Williams, who was arrested at his home.
He will be arraigned Tuesday at First District Court in Hempstead.