- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Medford Man Charged With Killing His Mother
A man was arrested for allegedly killing his 45-year-old mother in their Medford home last month, Suffolk County police said.
Sean Farrell, 24, was charged Thursday with second-degree murder in the death of Bonnie Farrell, who was a nurse at Angela’s House, a nonprofit that assists children with special needs. She also has five other children.
Police have said the victim’s husband, 47-year-old Eric Connelly, found her dead in the bedroom of their Norway Pine Drive home on the night of Monday, Dec. 9.
Homicide Section detectives said the victim had suffered a head injury and that Connolly and other family members were in the home for a couple of hours prior to Connolly discovering his wife’s body in the bedroom.
Sean Farrell will be arraigned Friday at First District Court in Central Islip.