- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Nassau Legislative Candidates to Face Off in Special Election
Two candidates are running for a recently vacated Nassau County Legislature seat when voters cast their ballots in a special election on Tuesday.
The two are seeking to represent District 2, which includes parts of Westbury, Hempstead, West Hempstead, New Cassel, Hicksville, East Meadow, Malverne, Rockville Centre, Uniondale and Garden City.
Bynoe is executive director of the Town of Huntington Housing Authority, serves on the Westbury Board of Education and previously worked with the Long island Housing Partnership.
Blanchard, who lost to Troiano in November, is a visiting therapist who has worked at various local hospitals and has served nearly two decades as a member of the Auxiliary Police of Westbury.
For information on how to vote, call the Nassau Board of Elections at 516-571-VOTE or visit their website.