- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Squawkler Pick: You Must Watch ‘The Amazing Race’
The best reality show on television—sorry Real Housewives fans—returns to the tube Sunday for another adventure around the world.
The Amazing Race, which takes teams on a trip across the globe to compete in frightening and comical challenges—jumping out of a plane, rolling down a hill cradling cheese, eating strange food, fully body waxes (not kidding) to name a few—for the shot at securing the final $1 million prize.
The latest season of the multiple Emmy award-winning show features 11 All-Star teams from past seasons, though that term is used (very) loosely considering most of the competitors never actually won the race, and several of them failed so miserably (John and Jessica) that those who have proved victorious are probably eager to send them packing a second time.
But this is The Amazing Race so anything can happen.
The big question: Who do you root for?
This season features some of my all-time favorites: Bopper and Mark (all heart), Flight Time and Big Easy (always entertaining) and Leo and Jamal aka “The Afghanimals” (you never know what they’ll do).
So after you satisfy your weekly craving of 60 Minutes make sure to keep the channel locked on CBS. Fire time viewers won’t be disappointed.
Watch Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan discuss the upcoming season: