- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Patchogue Crash Kills 1, Injures 2
A 22-year-old man was killed when he crashed the car he was driving in his hometown of Patchogue, injurimg two women who were his passengers early Sunday morning, Suffolk County police said.
Colin Garrett was driving a Chevrolet Malibu westbound on the Sunrise Highway north service road when he lost control of the car, which struck a fence and grass median before it overturned onto the express portion of the roadway just east of Waverly Avenue at 1:32 a.m., police said.
Garrett was ejected from the car and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The two passengers, 22-year-old Colleen Malia of Oakdale and 20-year-old Nicole Wilk of Bohemia, were taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue, where they were treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Fifth Squad detectives are continuing the the investigation and ask anyone with information about the crash to contact them at 631-854-8552.