- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
5th Manhasset Jewelry Shop Robbery Suspect Nabbed
U.S. Marshals have apprehended a fifth suspect wanted for the brazen armed robbery of a Manhasset jewelry store two years ago, Nassau County police said.
Christopher Evans, 28, of Brooklyn, was arrested Wednesday and charged with robbery and criminal use of a firearm.
Police said Evans was the only suspect who escaped authorities that chased the quintet after they allegedly robbed the London Jewelers on Northern Boulevard of Rolex and Breitling watches on Oct. 14, 2011.
Javon Gamble began serving a prison term of 21 to 25 years for the crime this month. Leroy Nelson pleaded guilty to robbery May 3 and will be sentenced June 7. Reggie Fowler pleaded guilty in April and will be sentenced Friday.
Alleged getaway driver Samuel Cephas has been held without bail since he pleaded not guilty after his arrest. He is due back in court June 7.
Evans will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.