- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Manhasset Crash Leaves Driver Dead
A 35-year-old man died after he crashed his car into a wall in Manhasset on Saturday morning.
Nassau County police said the driver of a Nissan Maxima was heading westbound on Northern Boulevard when he lost control of the vehicle, crashed through a community garden and hit the side wall of a auto repair shop east of East Shore Road at 8:28 a.m.
The driver who was pronounced dead at scene. The victims’ identity was not immediately released.
Police said he appeared to have suffered an unknown medical emergency. Third Squad detectives said there appears to be no criminality involved.