- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
New Cassel Man Charged With Stabbing Woman, Beating Witness
A man has been accused of stabbing a 24-year-old woman and beating a witness who tried to help her with a baseball bat in Westbury over the weekend, Nassau County police said.
Luis Andrade, 56, was charged with assault and possession of a dangerous weapon.
Police said the New Cassel man first stabbed the woman with a kitchen knife in the abdomen as she exited a building in Westbury at 11:30 p.m. Friday.
A 40-year-old man who witnessed the stabbing and tried help the victim was allegedly attacked by Andrade with a metal baseball bat.
Both victims were taken to the Nassau University Medical Center and treated for non-life threatening injuries.
A judge set bail for Andrade at $50,000 bond or $25,000 cash. He is due back in court Tuesday.