- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
LIRR Train Hits, Kills Woman in Syosset
A woman was fatally struck by a westbound Long Island Rail Road train in Syosset during the Wednesday evening rush hour commute.
The victim was hit by a non-passenger train at the Robbins Lane crossing at about 4:30 p.m., according to the MTA.
Several trains were canceled or delayed on the Huntington and Port Jefferson branches while investigators were on the scene.
MTA Police are continuing the investigation into the cause of the incident.