- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Suffolk Bank Robbery Spree Suspect Nabbed
A suspect wanted for robbing four banks in the past three months has been apprehended this week, Suffolk County police said.
Edward Waller, 42, of Deer Park, was arrested and charged with four counts of robbery.
Police said the suspect allegedly robbed the New York Commercial Bank on Grand Boulevard in Deer Park on Sept. 5 and Oct. 11.
He also allegedly robbed the TD Bank on Deer Park Avenue in North Babylon on Oct. 27 and the TD Bank on Portion Road in Lake Ronkonkoma on Nov. 10.
Waller will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Central Islip.