- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Nesconset Teen Fatally Struck by Subway
A Nesconset teenager celebrating his 18th birthday was reportedly struck and killed by a New York City Subway while running across the tracks in Manhattan on Tuesday night.
An NYPD spokesman said the victim was pronounced dead at the scene after being hit by an uptown express 2 train at the West 79th Street and Broadway station at 6:29 p.m.
The New York Post identified the victim as Liam Armstrong, a student at Smithtown High School East, citing anonymous police sources as saying he had a bottle of rum and two fake IDs on him at the time.
He was running across the tracks from the uptown platform to the downtown platform of the 1 train at the time, the NYPD spokesman said.