- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Brentwood Man Charged With Fatal DWI Crash
A Brentwood man was arrested for drunken driving after Suffolk County police said he caused a crash that killed the 58-year-old driver of another vehicle in Dix Hills on Sunday night.
Carleton English, 50, was driving a BMW SUV westbound on the Long Island Expressway when he rear-ended an Audi sedan driven by Henry Lapine of Levittown at 10:42 p.m., police said.
Lapine was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers determined that English was under the influence of alcohol before he was taken to Nassau University Medical Center, where he is being treated for a fractured leg and other injuries.
English will remain in police custody while hospitalized and will be arraigned at a later date.
Vehicular Crime Unit detectives impounded both vehicles, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone who may have witnessed this crash to call them at 631-852-6555.