- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Shirley Man Killed in Truck Crash
A 56-year-old Shirley man was killed when he crashed his truck in Center Moriches on Sunday night.
Suffolk County police said David Smith was driving a 2012 Ford 150 pickup truck westbound on Sunrise Highway North Service Road when he veered off the roadway and crashed through a fence at 7:37 p.m.
The truck careened across the westbound side of Route 27, over the median and through the eastbound side of the roadway before coming to a stop on the grass on the other side, police said.
Smith was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Seventh Squad detectives impounded the vehicle, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on the crash to contact them at 631-852-8752 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.