- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Cops: Wrong-Way Driver Nabbed for DWI
An alleged drunken driver was arrested Wednesday night after he was spotted driving the wrong way on the Long Island Expressway, Suffolk County police said.
Warren Levine was driving a 2010 Honda westbound in the eastbound lanes of the LIE at 10:30 p.m. when an officer spotted the 62-year-old Medford man on the entrance ramp of Route 112, police said.
“Vehicles in the eastbound lanes were forced to swerve out of the path of the Honda to avoid collisions,” police said in a news release.
Levine was charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, reckless endangerment and reckless driving.
He will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Central Islip.