- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Laurel Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead
A pedestrian was fatally struck by a vehicle in Laurel early Thursday morning.
Southold Town police said the man was struck on Route 25 near the Riverhead town line shortly before 6 a.m.
The victim’s identity was not immediately available. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The drivers of two vehicles believed to be involved stopped at the scene, police said.
Police are continuing the investigation into the cause of the crash.