- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Long Island School Gun Scares in Hewlett, Baldwin
Nassau County police responded to two separate gun-related reports in Hewlett and Baldwin on Friday morning, neither of which appears serious.
Hewlett High School officials called 911 to report that a student had threatened to bring a gun to campus the incident shortly before 11 a.m. but the student was not found to have a gun after an investigation, authorities said.
And the Baldwin High School principal reported to police that a message was found in the girl’s bathroom warning of a shooting at the school shortly after noon, officials said.
Students were not evacuated in Baldwin of the adjacent Brookside Elementary School. The Hewlett school was briefly on lockdown, but that has since been lifted.
No arrests have been made in either case.
-With Rashed Mian