- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Hempstead Woman Kidnapped by Ex
A Queens man has been arrested for kidnapping his ex-girlfriend from her Hempstead home at gunpoint and threatening to kill her and himself if they didn’t get back together, Nassau County police said.
Patrice Donely Jr. drove to the Hempstead Bus Terminal and forced the 27-year-old victim, who was standing across the street, into his car while armed with a gun at 1:30 a.m. Friday, police said
The 25-year-old Hollis man then drove her to a house in Queens, dragged her out of the car, into a garage where he made the death threats if she didn’t take him back, police said.
The victim, who had an order of protection against Donely, eventually agreed to get back with him. He then drove her home, police said.
Donely was apprehended after he called the victim from Jiffy Lube on Jericho Turnpike in Mineola.
He was charged with kidnapping, criminal contempt and menacing. He will be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Hempstead.