- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Woman’s Body Washes Up at Gilgo Beach
People walking on the oceanfront beach called 911 after making the discovery at around 9:30 p.m., according to a police spokeswoman.
Homicide Squad detectives do not believe the woman is connected to unsolved serial murders of four women found on the bay side of Gilgo in December 2010, the spokeswoman said.
The remains were taken to the Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office for an autopsy to determine the woman’s cause of death and identity.
Police also said it’s also too early to tell if the body is that of a Queens woman who was reported missing from the same area three months ago.