- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Robbery Spree Suspect Strikes Again, Cops Suspect
A suspect wanted for robbing eight businesses in the past two weeks has likely struck a ninth time at a drug store in Lake Ronkonkoma on Thursday evening, Suffolk County police said.
The robber walked into the CVS on Portion Road, demanded money and flashed what appeared to be a handgun before he fled the scene with cash at 5:20 p.m., police said.
Investigators said the suspect is believed to be the same robber who held up eight gas stations and a Jamba Juice since late last month.
During those robberies, the suspect pretended to make a purchase, but when the clerk opened the register he pulled out a gun and demanded cash, police have said.
The suspect is described as a white man, 25-35 years old, 5-feet, 10-inches to 6-feet, 2-inches tall with a thin to medium build. He usually wears a dark-colored or gray hooded sweatshirt.
Pattern Crime Unit detectives ask anyone with information on these robberies or if anyone recognizes the suspect in the attached photo to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.