- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 23 days ago
- Vegan Chef Blends Passion With Artistry to Create Healthy Gourmet CuisinePosted 49 days ago
- Eli Rosenbaum: Nazi HunterPosted 51 days ago
- Oyster Bay Clam Wars IntensifyPosted 51 days ago
- The Revolution Will Be Satirized: Comedic Activists Deliver Tough Truths, With A Punch(line)Posted 51 days ago
Meadowbrook Parkway Crash Leaves 2 Dead, 1 Arrested
A North Fork man was arrested for reckless driving after he fatally struck two men who stopped to fix their car on the Meadowbrook State Parkway in Roosevelt on Monday afternoon, New York State police said.
Robert Beodeker, 50, of Aquebogue, was driving a GMC pick-up truck southbound at the Southern State Parkway interchange when he hit the men while they were standing near their disabled Nissan Maxima parked on the side of the road at 12:37 p.m., police said.
The victims, 76-year-old John Elder of Freeport and 65-year-old Edward Ross of North Bellmore, were pronounced dead at the scene.
Beodeker was charged with reckless driving and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. Additional charges are pending, police said. He will be arraigned Tuesday at First District Court in Hempstead.
The southbound lanes of the parkway were closed for several hours while investigators were on the scene.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments