- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Bay Shore Man Shot in Face
A 20-year-old man was shot and wounded by a gunman who opened fire on him and four other people in his hometown of Bay Shore on Sunday afternoon, Suffolk County police said.
The victim, whose identity wasn’t released, was with the group in a vehicle at the corner of Prospect Place and Pine Acre Boulevard when the gunman walked up and fired a shotgun at 1:25 p.m., police said.
The victim, who was shot in the face, was taken to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore, where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Third Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on this shooting to call them at 631-854-8352 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.