- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Coram Crash Leaves Landscaper Dead
A 41-year-old landscaper from Centereach was fatally struck by a vehicle in Coram on Wednesday morning.
Suffolk County police said Salvatore Leocata was standing in Hawkins Road with landscaping equipment when he was hit by an eastbound Mercedes shortly before 8 a.m.
Leocata was pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators believe sun glare may have been a contributing factor in this crash, police said.
Neither the driver, 71-year-old Young Min Ban of South Setauket, nor his passenger was injured.
Sixth Squad detectives ask anyone with information on this crash to call them at 631-854-8652.