- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Brentwood Woman Killed in Car Crash
A 61-year-old Brentwood woman died when she crashed her car on the Sunken Meadow Parkway in Commack on Monday morning.
New York State police said Reina Flores-Chicas was driving a Nissan northbound when she veered off the roadway and struck a tree on the right shoulder south of Jericho Turnpike at 7 a.m.
Flores-Chicas was pronounced dead at the scene.
Troopers are continuing the investigation and ask any witnesses to the crash to call them at 631-756-3000.