- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Fatal Hemptead Hit-and-run Suspect Sought
Nassau County police are looking for the hit-and-run driver that killed a 39-year-old man in Hempstead over the holiday weekend, authorities said.
The victim was crossing Fulton Avenue when he was hit by a car driving westbound in the eastbound lane near the corner of Bennett Avenue at 1:17 a.m. Sunday, police said.
The victim, whose identity was not released, was taken to the Nassau University Medical Center, where he died less than an hour later, police said.
The vehicle, a 2000 black BMW with New York license plate No. GEU3305, fled the scene of westbound on Peninsula Boulevard, police said.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation.
Anyone with information regarding the above crime is asked to contact the Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.