Nassau County police have identified the third of four suspects allegedly involved in a Roosevelt home invasion shooting that ended in a police chase crash last year, authorities said.
Terrance Alston was identified Monday in a wanted poster issued by First Squad detectives and released to the media along with a photo of the suspect. Two other suspects have been arrested and the fourth assailant has yet to be identified.
Police said Alston and three others allegedly entered a Washington Avenue home, forced the victim into his bedroom and stole $1,700 worth of electronics and clothing in the early morning hours of Monday, Jan. 12, 2015.
One of the suspects fired a gunshot while in the victim’s bedroom, but the victim was not injured, police said. In an update on the case released Monday, police added that the suspects had kicked in the rear door of the home and forced six family members into one room before confronting the seventh victim.
After the four assailants fled the scene in a Chevy Malibu, First Precinct officers tried to stop it on Clinton Avenue, but the suspects continued on to Hausch Boulevard, where it crashed into a curb, police said at the time.
The assailants fled the car on foot. Police apprehended 47-year-old Aurnree McBrown of Bay Shore on the grounds of Roosevelt High School. McBrown pleaded guilty Jan. 26, 2016 to a charge of attempted burglary. He is scheduled to be sentenced March 22.
A second suspect, 30-year-old Quincy Lewis, was arrested in September and pleaded not guilty to charges of burglary, robbery, criminal possession of a weapon and other charges. He is due back in court on Feb. 22.
Nassau County Crime Stoppers is offering a $5,000 reward to anyone who can locate Alston, or call in any information about this crime to their toll free hotline: 1-800-244-TIPS (8477).