- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Gunman Sought for 3 Robberies in 20 Minutes
An armed robber held up two gas stations and a convenience store in a 20-minute span in Farmingdale, Hicksville and Levittown early Friday morning, Nassau County police said.
The suspect first walked into the USA Gas Station on Fulton Avenue in Farmingdale, brandished a black handgun at the clerk and stole cash at 3:25 a.m., police said.
The same robber then walked into the Exxon Gas Station on Hempstead Turnpike in Levittown, where he again flashed a black handgun and stole cash, packages of cigars and cigarettes at 3:40 a.m., police said.
Five minutes later, the gunman entered a 7-Eleven on Jerusalem Avenue in Hicksville, where he stole cash and cigarettes, police said.
The victims were not injured and the robber fled. The suspect was described as a black or Hispanic man, 25 to 30 years old, 5-feet, 7-inches tall with a slim build, wearing a black hooded jacket.
Robbery Squad detectives ask anyone with information regarding these crimes to contact the Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.