- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Jason Kidd Admits to Hamptons DWI Crash
NBA star Jason Kidd has reportedly admitted he was driving drunk a year ago Monday when he crashed his SUV into a utility pole after a night of partying in the Hamptons.
Kidd, who retired from the New York Knicks last month to start coaching the Brooklyn Nets, pleaded guilty Tuesday to misdemeanor driving while intoxicated and was put on interim probation at Southampton Town Justice Court, according to The Associated Press.
“Mr. Kidd declined to take a breathalyzer or a blood test and…displayed characteristics or indicia of being drunk,” District Attorney Tom Spota said in a statement.
Prosecutors said the 40-year-old former point guard and Olympic gold medalist drove his Cadillac Escalade into a pole in Water Mill shortly after signing with the Knicks last July and told police he was drinking at a club on the South Fork.
He later pleaded not guilty, but changed his plea in a deal with prosecutors that will require him to give anti-DWI lectures at Long Island high schools, AP reported.
The case is Kidd’s second arrest since 2001, when he was charged with domestic abuse of his ex-wife in Phoenix.