- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Dix Hills Man Beat Dog with Bat, Cops Say
A 26-year-old Dix Hills man is facing animal cruelty charges for allegedly beating a Labrador mixed breed with a baseball bat earlier this week, Suffolk County police said.
Police arrested Steven Errante Friday, five days after a man discovered the dog with serious injuries, including fractures to her head, face, a broken forewarn and trauma to her body. The pup was transported by police to an emergency veterinary clinic before she was taken to an animal hospital for further treatment, police said.
Detectives’ investigation led them to Errante, who police also accused of previously assaulting a man on another occasion. He was arrested Friday in Mastic and charged with aggravated cruelty to animals and assault.
Errante, who was held overnight at the second precinct, will be arranged Saturday at First District Court in Central Islip.
Police said the investigation is continuing. Anyone with additional information is asked to call Second Squad detectives at 631-854-8252.