- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Island Park Shooting Suspect Nabbed
Nassau County police have arrested a man suspected of shooting and wounding a man in Island Park over the weekend.
Angel Martinez was charged with assault, criminal use of a firearm and criminal possession of a weapon.
Police said the 47-year-old suspect shot the 36-year-old victim in the abdomen after asking to speak to him outside Costa Del Sol Restaurant and Bar on Austin Boulevard near the alleged gunman’s home at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
The suspect fled and the victim walked home to Long Beach, where his friend called 911, authorities have said. The victim was taken to a local hospital where he is listed in stable condition with a non-life threatening injury.
Police apprehended Martinez in Wyandanch on Tuesday. He also had an open warrant for disorderly conduct in Hempstead, police said. He will be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Hempstead.