- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 14 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 16 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 16 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 31 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 35 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 36 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 48 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 48 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 51 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 53 days ago
Riverhead Shooting Nets 4 Arrests
Four people have been arrested after authorities said they fired gunshots at a house in Riverhead on Wednesday evening.
Riverhead Town Police officers on patrol heard “rapid gunfire” near 3rd Street and stopped a Ford Taurus that was spotted leaving the area shortly before 9 p.m. while another set of officers responded to the house, where the homeowner said someone had shot at their residence. Several adults and children were in the house at the time, police said.
Empty shell casings were found at the scene. Officers arrested the four people in the vehicle after similar shell casings were also found in the car and one of the suspects riding in the vehicle was found to be in possession of a .380-caliber semi-automatic handgun, police said.
The suspects, 21-year-old Jeffrey Despeines of Centereach, 19-year-old Jasmine Parsons of Riverhead, Eric Baldwin Jr. of Bellport and Jordan Harrell of Medford, both 18, were each charged with reckless endangerment. Despeines and Baldwin were additionally charged with criminal possession of a weapon.
All four are scheduled to be arraigned Thursday at Riverhead Town Justice Court.