- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Riverhead Shooting Nets 4 Arrests
Four people have been arrested after authorities said they fired gunshots at a house in Riverhead on Wednesday evening.
Riverhead Town Police officers on patrol heard “rapid gunfire” near 3rd Street and stopped a Ford Taurus that was spotted leaving the area shortly before 9 p.m. while another set of officers responded to the house, where the homeowner said someone had shot at their residence. Several adults and children were in the house at the time, police said.
Empty shell casings were found at the scene. Officers arrested the four people in the vehicle after similar shell casings were also found in the car and one of the suspects riding in the vehicle was found to be in possession of a .380-caliber semi-automatic handgun, police said.
The suspects, 21-year-old Jeffrey Despeines of Centereach, 19-year-old Jasmine Parsons of Riverhead, Eric Baldwin Jr. of Bellport and Jordan Harrell of Medford, both 18, were each charged with reckless endangerment. Despeines and Baldwin were additionally charged with criminal possession of a weapon.
All four are scheduled to be arraigned Thursday at Riverhead Town Justice Court.