- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Freeport Robbers Shoot at Victim, Miss
A pair of masked gunmen shot at their robbery victim as he ran away, missing him, early Tuesday morning, Nassau County police said.
The 28-year-old victim was getting out of his vehicle on Rutland Road when two men wearing ski masks armed with handguns began searching the victims’ pockets at 12:52 a.m., police said.
The victim dropped his car keys and cell phone and then ran away while the robbers were busy picking up the items, police said.
The assailants shot at the victim several times as he ran away but missed. Investigators found six shell casing at the scene. The suspects were last seen running toward Grand Avenue.
First Squad detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.