- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 12 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 14 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 14 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 29 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 33 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 34 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 46 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 46 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 49 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 51 days ago
Freeport Robbers Shoot at Victim, Miss
A pair of masked gunmen shot at their robbery victim as he ran away, missing him, early Tuesday morning, Nassau County police said.
The 28-year-old victim was getting out of his vehicle on Rutland Road when two men wearing ski masks armed with handguns began searching the victims’ pockets at 12:52 a.m., police said.
The victim dropped his car keys and cell phone and then ran away while the robbers were busy picking up the items, police said.
The assailants shot at the victim several times as he ran away but missed. Investigators found six shell casing at the scene. The suspects were last seen running toward Grand Avenue.
First Squad detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.