- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Medford Woman Dies in Car Crash
A 48-year-old woman died in a car crash in her hometown of Medford on Thursday evening.
Suffolk County police said Debra Heitleband was driving a Toyota Corolla eastbound on Horseblock Road when she suffered a medical condition, drove up a curb and hit a tree at the corner of Route 112 shortly after at 5 p.m.
Heitleband was taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue, where she was pronounced dead. She was driving alone at the time.
Sixth Squad detectives impounded the car for a safety check while they are continuing the investigation.