If your dog were in imminent danger do you think your animal would be able to dial 911 to save its life? Well a two-year-old Basset Hound named George from West Yorkshire, England was able to call for help when he began to choke, reports the Huffington Post.
According to the Sun, the distraught hound was able to alert police by dialing 999, which is Britain’s version of 911, after he started to choke on a phone cord.
Amazingly enough, the emergency operator was concerned by the abnormal breathing being made on the other end of the line, so the emergency operator had authorities sent to the pup’s location.
George was home alone when he began to choke and since his owners Steve Brown and his daughter Lydia were not in their residence, a neighbor who noticed authorities at George’s home let the police into the house.
“He was absolutely terrified and could not free himself,” Walker, who spoke to the Sun said. “I knew I had to get him free quickly so I just ripped the wire out.” He continued, “Incredibly you could see where his paw print was on the phone to ring 999, he literally saved his own life.”
George is not alone when it comes to a pup saving his own life. Two years prior to George dialing 911, a chocolate Lab named Max from Macungie, Pennsylvania was able to save his life too. Donna Gardner, his owner, accidentally locked Max in her car when the temperature was 90-degrees. When Max began to really feel the heat and was about to pass out, he laid on the horn in order to get Donna’s attention.
“I’m thinking ‘Who is blowing the horn out there,'” Donna told NBC Philadelphia. “I went out on the porch this time and there is Max sitting in the front seat of my car. Well, obviously it was him that blew the horn.”