A teenager has been arrested for allegedly firing a handgun into a crowd of people during a heated argument about a mile from his Freeport home last month, Nassau County police said.

Nathanial Paulino was charged with criminal possession of a weapon, reckless endangerment and criminal mischief. No injuries were reported in the shooting.

Special Investigations Squad detectives said that the 18-year-old alleged gunman got into an argument with a group of men on North Main Street when he pulled out the gun and opened fire at 6:30 p.m. April 11.

Paulino and the group fled before the arrival of officers, who found two bullets struck a local delicatessen.

Paulino surrendered himself to investigators at the First Precinct station house this week. He will be arraigned Friday at First District Court in Hempstead.

Comments

Hofstra University Transfer

Previous articleEast Northport Woman, 93, Killed in House Fire
Next articleGreat Neck Man Gets 5 Years for $2M Con
Timothy Bolger is the Managing Editor for the Long Island Press who’s been working to uncover unreported stories since shortly after it launched in 2003. When he’s not editing, getting hassled by The Man or fielding cold calls to the newsroom, he covers crime, general interest and political news in addition to reporting longer, sometimes investigative features. He won’t be happy until everyone is as pissed off as he is about how screwed up Lawn Guyland is.