The September relaunch of the Long Island Press as a monthly news magazine brings an updated design that will be on full display on the front cover of the new issue hitting stands at hundreds of locations across Nassau and Suffolk this week with a 112-page issue.
The Press gave its logo a makeover for the occasion. The simple, sleek small caps lettering replaced the style of slightly italicized logo that had been used for the past 14 years. The paper new logo first appeared on LongIslandPress.com.
The Press announced last month its plan to return to print more than three years after it became on online-only publication. The relaunch was spearheaded by Queens-based Schneps Communications, which acquired the Press from Syosset-based Morey Publishing in April.
Schneps hired John Kominicki as publisher, Joanna Austin as associate publisher/senior vice president and Timothy Bolger as editor in chief.
The publication derives its name from a broadsheet publication that dates back to 1921, when The Long Island Farmer, founded in 1821, changed its name to The Long Island Daily Press and later dropped the word daily from its name.