- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Deer Park Home Invasion Victim Pistol-whipped
Suffolk County police are investigating an armed home invasion in Deer Park over the weekend in which a pair of gunmen pistol-whipped a man on the same day a Uniondale home invasion left two dead.
The assailants in the Deer Park case forced their way into a Crossway Drive home, attacked the man and stole cash shortly at 11:50 p.m. Friday, police said.
The victim, who was home alone at the time, was treated at Good Samaritan Hospital in Bay Shore and released.
There have been no arrests made. Third Squad detectives are continuing the investigation.
The case marks the 16th armed home invasion in Suffolk this year.
After a police officer fatally shot a suspect and a hostage in Uniondale over the weekend, Nassau County is up to eight home invasions since January.