A New York City man was arrested for allegedly calling up a Nassau County police precinct, claiming to be a terrorist and threatening to kill everyone in the station house last week, authorities said.

John Hardy was arrested and charged Saturday with making a terroristic threat and harassment.

Police said the 52-year-old Staten Island man called the Third Precinct in Williston Park and said he would place a bomb in the building shortly before 3 p.m. Wednesday.

Moments later, he called 911 and said that he left a bag containing dynamite inside the doorway of the Third Precinct, according to Third Squad detectives.

The building was searched and the threat was found to be a false alarm.

Detectives and Bureau of Special Operations officers apprehended Hardy over the weekend.

Judge Rhonda Fischer ordered Hardy held without bail Sunday. He is due back on court Wednesday.

Comments
Previous articleHow We Analyzed New York County Tobacco Bonds
Next articleShirley, West Babylon Home Invasions Probed
Timothy Bolger is the Editor in Chief of the Long Island Press who’s been working to uncover unreported stories since shortly after it launched in 2003. When he’s not editing, getting hassled by The Man or fielding cold calls to the newsroom, he covers crime, general interest and political news in addition to reporting longer, sometimes investigative features. He won’t be happy until everyone is as pissed off as he is about how screwed up Lawn Guyland is.