Casey Anthony Released

Casey Anthony, Jose Baez
Associated Press
Associated Press

Casey Anthony has officially left the building, exciting some while enraging others.

Early Sunday, Anthony, who was just acquitted of murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, was released from Orange County Jail.

She wore blue jeans and a hot pink Polo as she walked free alongside her attorney, Jose Baez around midnight. Anthony was escorted to a vehicle by security guards as a crowd of an estimated 100 heckled her. Associated Press reported that amid the chaos, both sides were surely present– Some screamed “Baby killer,” while others held signs reading, “Casey, will you marry me?”

After Anthony’s vehicle pulled away, a local television station reported that arrived at Orlando Executive Airport and WFTV news reported that she was onboard a flight that didn’t conceal its departure, reported Orlando Sentinel. According to Associated Press, the plane took off for Ohio, the home state of Anthony’s parents, but an official denied this and said that aircraft was only carrying golfers back from a Florida vacation.

As Anthony’s whereabouts are currently unknown, one thing is for sure, she won’t be hidden for long. Following her acquittal, it was reported that multiple media outlets began offering her astronomical deals for an interview, while at the same time, it was also being reported that she began receiving mass numbers of death threats. Earlier this week, Anthony was rumored to be changing her name.

Casey Anthony, was serving the remaining few days of her four year sentence. Recently, Chief Judge Belvin Perry sentenced Anthony to four years in jail, one year for each of the four counts of providing false information to law enforcement she was found guilty of. The charges came from a trial involving the death of her 2-year-old daughter.  A jury acquitted Casey Anthony of more serious charges but found her guilty of lying to law enforcement. Anthony received credit for time served, and had been in jail since she was first arrested in 2008, leaving only days left until her release after she was sentenced.




More from our Sister Sites