Alice needed a home health care aide for some time before she finally allowed her daughter Susan to take charge. Susan spent months securing all the financial documentation to prove her mother’s financial eligibility for Medicaid benefits. What a relief to receive that acceptance letter from Medicaid!
Little did Alice or Susan know that they were only halfway through the Medicaid maze toward actually getting an aide in the home. How many hours of home health aide coverage will Alice receive? Who does that evaluation? What is Maximus? What is an MLTC? Are Alice and Susan supposed to know what to do next? Are you?
This is where the Cona Elder Law Medicaid Home Care Coordination Services team comes in. Our experienced and highly skilled Medicaid Home Care Coordinators navigate the entire home health aide evaluation and services implementation process with you, including:
• Scheduling your initial assessment with New York State and reviewing the scoring process with you.
• Preparing as many as three (3) Managed Long Term Care Plan (MLTC) intake applications.
• Scheduling and attending the nursing assessments during which the number of care hours are decided. A Cona Elder Law Care Coordinator can attend the assessment to act as your advocate to secure a maximum number of hours of home care.
• Reviewing the nursing assessments with you and helping you choose an MLTC as well as a home care agency that contracts with your MLTC.
• Assisting with alternative programs to obtain necessary services for your loved one, including the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP), the Nursing Home Transition and Diversion Waiver program, and the Traumatic Brain Injury Waiver Program.
We don’t stop at the point of Medicaid financial approval like other law firms and Medicaid advisors. We bring you and your loved one over the finish line, holding your hand along the way. That’s the Cona Elder Law difference.
In addition to providing unrivaled success in Medicaid Asset Protection planning, preparing and submitting Medicaid applications for community based care and establishing Pooled Income Trusts, Cona Elder Law administers exceptional Medicaid Home Care Coordination Services upon receiving financial approval for Medicaid benefits.
Cona Elder Law is the recognized leader in the field of Medicaid Planning, Medicaid Eligibility, Elder Law and Estate Planning. Medicaid Planning is complicated and daunting, and any misstep can cost a family tens of thousands of dollars. In this highly specialized area of law, it is imperative that you work with the experienced and knowledgeable Medicaid Attorneys and Medicaid Home Care Coordinators at Cona Elder Law. Contact us at 631-390-5000 or visit conaelderlaw.com.
Jennifer B. Cona, Esq. is the Founder and Managing Partner of Cona Elder Law PLLC. Cona Elder Law is an award-winning law firm concentrating in the areas of elder law, estate planning, estate administration and litigation, and health care law. The firm has been ranked the #1 Elder Law Firm by Long Island Business News for eight consecutive years. For additional information, visit conaelderlaw.com.