2nd Suspect Charged in 2014 Roosevelt Slaying

A second suspect has been charged in the fatal shooting of a 21-year-old Freeport man in 2014, Nassau County police said.

Corey Walker, 19, was arrested Thursday afternoon in connection with the Dec. 20, 2014 shooting death of Sayvon Marcus Burt, police said. Walker was charged with second-degree murder, attempted robbery, grand larceny, and criminal possession of a weapon. He will be arraigned Friday at First District Court in Hempstead.

In May of last year, police arrested 18-year-old Elliott Fortune and charged him with second-degree murder. Fortune was reportedly charged with attempted murder in another case.

Police said Burt was discovered outside an alley in Roosevelt at 4:15 p.m. with multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police were alerted to the scene by a Shot Spotter notification and a subsequent 911 call.

Comments