A Sagaponack man who admitted to torching a $34 million oceanfront mansion on Dune Road in Bridgehampton last year will spend a year in a psychiatric facility after reaching a plea deal.

David Osiecki pleaded guilty to arson Tuesday before Judge Fernando Comacho at Suffolk County Court. In exchange for his plea, prosecutors said the 65-year-old arsonist will undergo a psychiatric evaluation and a year’s probation in an inpatient psychiatric facility.

“The victim of the arson is amenable to this disposition,” District Attorney Thomas Spota said. “If and when the defendant completes his psychiatric hospitalization, he will then serve five more years of probation with mental health conditions.”

Authorities said that in April 2014 Osiecki torched a 1,600-square-foot mansion with seven bedrooms and 8.5 bathrooms reportedly belonging to a fellow developer.

If Osiecki violates probation during his year in a residential psychiatric facility, the court can potentially sentence Osiecki to up to 15 years in prison.

Comments
Previous article17 Hospitalized for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Hauppauge
Next articleSeaford Man Accused of Defrauding Investors
Timothy Bolger is the Editor in Chief of the Long Island Press who’s been working to uncover unreported stories since shortly after it launched in 2003. When he’s not editing, getting hassled by The Man or fielding cold calls to the newsroom, he covers crime, general interest and political news in addition to reporting longer, sometimes investigative features. He won’t be happy until everyone is as pissed off as he is about how screwed up Lawn Guyland is.