A second suspect has been arrested for an alleged Roosevelt home invasion shooting that sparked a police chase and ended in a crash earlier this year, Nassau County prosecutors said.
Quincy Lewis, 30, was apprehended two weeks after authorities said he, 47-year-old Aurnree McBrown and two suspects who are still at large allegedly entered a Washington Avenue home, forced the victim into his bedroom and stole $1,700 worth of electronics at 3:21 a.m. on Jan. 12.
One of the suspects fired a gunshot while in the room, but the victim was not injured, police said.
A grand jury indicted the duo Monday on charges of robbery, burglary, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of stolen property.
The group fled the scene in a Chevy Malibu, which Nassau County police officers tried to stop on Clinton Avenue, but the suspects continued on to Hausch Boulevard and crashed into a curb, police said.
McBrown was apprehended on the grounds of Roosevelt High School after the accident. Lewis was arrested on Jan. 25, prosecutors said. The other two have yet to be apprehended.
Bail for McBrown was set at $250,000 cash or bond, and bail for Lewis was set at $50,000 bond or $25,000 cash. They face up to 25 years in prison, if convicted. They are due back in court on Oct. 16.